Brose Delloyd Automotive is founded in Thailand
International automotive supplier Brose is stepping up its business operations in Asia. Brose International GmbH, Coburg and Delloyd Electronics (M) SDN. BHD have set up a joint venture trading under the name of Brose Delloyd Automotive Co., Ltd.
The contract was signed on December 8, 2009, by Stefan Halusa (Vice President Corporate Strategy Brose Group) and Dato’ Tee Boon Kee (Managing Director Delloyd Ventures Berhad) in Bangkok. The company will start operating early next year. This joint venture will produce and market window regulators and door systems for vehicles built in southeast Asia.
The two partners are bundling their competencies in this joint venture: Brose Group brings its decades of expertise in developing and manufacturing mechatronic components and systems for car bodies and interiors, and is present on all the major automotive markets. Delloyd is a leading automotive components parts manufacturer in southeast Asia, with production facilities in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, as well as agencies in the USA and Germany.
Brose has a 60 per cent equity holding in the joint venture; the remaining 40 per cent of the capital is held by Delloyd.
The production of window regulators and door systems at Rayong (Central Thailand) is poised to kick off in February 2011 with a
workforce of some 50 employees. There are already initial orders for shipment to the assembly plants of international automotive manufacturers in Southeast Asia.
Delloyd Ventures Berhad, a public company listed on the Malaysian Stock Exchange, posted sales of 57 million euros in 2008 and employs a workforce of around 1,170 people at three production locations in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, as well as being represented by one agent in the USA and one in Germany. Its product range encompasses door mirrors, window regulators, latch modules, electric motors, car radio antennas, alarm systems and inside mirrors.