Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)As a successful family-owned company on a path to global growth, the Brose Group offers challenging responsibilities and exciting career opportunities to performance-driven, skilled specialists with solid professional knowledge and proven career expertise who wish to contribute to our company’s success.
- Ensure that the Key Performance Indicators are met in the following areas: Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale. Accomplish this through training, coaching and mentoring Team Leaders and Team Members in the proper assembly methods for product manufactured in this facility. Ensure customer requirements relating to quality and efficiency are met as pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities below.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Team Leaders & Team Members are performing their quality tasks – First off checks, poke yoke checks, D-book completion, etc.
- Communicate daily achievements and expectations for upcoming shift in start-up meetings, monitor and control the hourly output of the team ensuring the team is working together to achieve the daily production targets.
- Track and control the attendance of the team members, team leaders and any overtime worked by personnel to ensure the highest efficiency of the production line.
- Support Team Leaders in problem solving for production, logistic and maintenance issues that arise on the line and document these issues in the shift handover report.
- Drive supporting functions to ensure timely corrections to quality, maintenance, HR, safety, and logistic concerns based on acquired understanding of the roles and responsibilities of members within the production team.
- Track, monitor and update all training documentation for new employees and employees training in new work stations or employees working in new areas. Responsible to update the skill matrix as required by the Human Resources department to support the corporate expectations.
- Operator advocate in accordance with Brose policies and expectations including but not limited to the following areas: payment, work environment, vacation, work conditions (safety), development of operators.
- Conform to the corporate 5S standards for their lines.
- Ensure the Brose policies and procedures are being followed throughout the plant by all employees, hourly and salaried.
- Availability on 2nd Shift work schedule 9:30pm-6:30am
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years work experience
- Experience in automotive or manufacturing environment is strongly recommended
- Lean manufacturing concepts
- Microsoft Office computer skills
- Technical writing
- Time and attendance
- Windows based computer navigation