Design Engineer - LatchesAs a successful family-owned company on a path to global growth, the Brose Group offers challenging responsibilities and exciting career opportunities to performance-driven, skilled specialists with solid professional knowledge and proven career expertise who wish to contribute to our company’s success.
- Leads the creation of concepts for acquisition projects and new products (product workshops), steers design conforming to Brose standards, and workshop assumptions/goals.
- Champions all design related activity for assigned program(s), from concept generation (liaising with headquarters, customer team and internal engineering department), development therefor into viable optimal solutions, through to production optimization (throughout product life cycle).
- Design lead for attaining agreements regarding design details within Brose/at customer/supplier.
- Active participation in Development Team Meetings (EAK) represents design conformance and design cost targets according to Brose procedures / standards. Also participates in formal design/engineering reviews (Design Checklist, DFMEA, specification review, etc.), and informal reviews with development team.
- Ensures designs being made available in a timely manner to support releases (e.g. -100 release), co-ordinates/negotiates on alternate design completion dates.
- Responsible for the communication/information to your support staff, close monitoring of the design (product conformance, data quality standards, Brose and customer design standards, etc.).
- Provides support to ensure the conformance of the product to customer/Brose specifications.
- Monitors actual project capacity needs during product development, pro-active discussion with supervisor.
- Considers program development according to PDP.
- Provides training to new Design / Customer Team members
- Lead and mentor other engineering staff in best practices, kinematics, customer CAD systems, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-5 years of related experience in the automotive field
- Specialized knowledge and skills
- Catia, Enovia, Expert in Tolerance Stack and GD&T, Expert Technical Knowledge of Brose products as well as complete system environment, Expert in Performance / Force Calculation Tools
- Ability to Mentor and Teach others