Project Buyer ElectronicsAs a successful family-owned company on a path to global growth, the Brose Group offers challenging responsibilities and exciting career opportunities to performance-driven, skilled specialists with solid professional knowledge and proven career expertise who wish to contribute to our company’s success.
- Prepare, execute, and lead target settings according to existing process with relevant functions. Be responsible for results.
- Prepare the project specific sourcing concept. Approve concept together with the project management, the relevant functions, and the purchasing manager.
- Coordinate and lead purchasing topics within the scope of complex global programs.
- Agree with central purchasing the released and/or directed suppliers, and initiate and track RFQ and quotation activities.
- Independently evaluate quotations, conduct and close price negotiations with targeted suppliers according to available room to negotiate.
- Organize and moderate technical meetings (Feasibility, Tooling Concepts, etc.) with suppliers including necessary functions (quality, design, tooling experts, etc.)
- Independently identify cost reduction potential acc. to objectives. Once approved by purchasing manager, initiate and execute activities.
- Prepare and present proposal for supplier decision at the pre-meeting of the BU. Then present in the central purchasing decision meeting and ensure supplier decision is made.
- In a timely fashion, award and order prototypes and first samples, tools, and production parts as well as secure on-time delivery by independently organizing progress checks leading to a safe project launch.
- Independently enter and maintain purchasing data in pertinent tools. Work on GECOS change management activities in agreement with the responsible project manager and engineer.
- Independently assess supplier performance as part of project management according to the existing SAP assessment criteria; also align with the commodity strategy. Support with supplier development, and auditing.
- Support change management activities over the duration of a project according to Brose process; this includes the RFQ, quotation comparison, and contractual finalization.
- Completed 4 year university program in Business Administration/ Engineering
- Overall very good English skills; must be able to successfully conduct negotiations
- 5 years of experience
- Industrial (preferably automotive) purchasing or related
- Knowledge of the methods of project management
- Detailed knowledge of target costing and VA/VE
- Technical competence regarding production technologies
- Knowledge of business law
- Experience negotiating
- PC Experience in MO, MS Project, SAP R/3 MM-Module